Monday, June 16, 2008

Graduation Cap


Last Saturday, my nephew, Michael graduated with his first university degree. My sister had purchased a card with a caricature of a graduate on the front and the words "Nice Hat" on the inside. When she told me about this card, I said that there had just been a graduation cap pattern by Mark Meyers and Lauren Snyder posted on the internet and would she like me to tat it for her to insert in her card and continue the funny. She was pleased.

At the ceremony, none of the graduands wore mortarboards. When Michael opened his gifts and cards, my sister told him this would be the only one he would have. He even put it on his head, giving us all a good laugh. (He is six foot, five inches tall) His university's colours are black and gold. As he is continuing on in the fall to study for his master's degree, I have two years to come up with the next graduation idea.

This is my thirteenth motif in the 25-motif challenge so now I am halfway. (October is coming fast)

2 comments:

OmonSan said...

Hi! I'm so happy that Joy in tatting taged you and wrote your address in her blogg otherwise I would not have seen your wonderful tatting! Your graduation cap is great! Best regards OmonSan

Margaret I said...

OmanSan,

I am pleased to have you visit my blog. Do you have a blog that I can visit? Thanks for the comments.