Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Eastern Star Pin


It was 0245 hours Saturday morning but I finished the Eastern Star pin on time. The recipient, Ginger, was very pleased with it and it was shown to many guests at her reception. Rita Cochrane had sold me all but the yellow thread on Wednesday night (I had purchased the yellow earlier) so I actually started tatting on the star at 1730 hours, Thursday evening. When I emailed Rita a scan of the finished star, she commented that she was very impressed with the evenness of my picots. Thank you, Rita.

If anyone is interested in the pattern for this Eastern Star, here is the address: http://www.logicaldatasys.com/tatting/Tatted%20Eastern%20Star.pdf I used Altin Basak 50 thread as that is the smallest tatting thread that I have learned to use so far. The sample in the pattern is done with size 80 thread but that challenge still lies ahead for me.

One of my accomplishments with this motif was in being able to use the picot gauge horizontally. This is motif #12 in my 25-motif challenge. I will post motif #11 at a later date.

1 comment:

Katriska said...

Sister I know its a bit late, but do you have the pattern for this star? I wish to make it for my sisters.