Sunday, May 18, 2008

Double Digits


I have finally reached number ten in my 25-motif challenge. This is the turtle I tatted for Aileen in the international beginners' round robin. It is the pattern, 'Tatty Turtle', designed by Mark Meyers from his website www.tat-man.net. I really wanted to tat two mice for her as her request is animals and there are already two differnet cats in her package but the only pattern I could find at all was a very small one which was needle tatted. (I only tat with a shuttle)

Next Saturday, I am going to a reception for which I would like to tat a star like the yellow one, but this time with each point a different, specific colour. I will receive the necessary thread Wednesday evening before a meeting so will only have Thursday and Friday in which to make the star and sew on the pinback. I am travelling to the reception Saturday morning so will have the two-hour car ride then, in case I need it to finish it and/or sew on the pinback.

1 comment:

Barbara Gordon said...

Hi Margaret,
I like your blog. I went to Mark Tatman's site, but couldn't find any patterns, weird because I have been there many times before and always found some. I should maybe use my firefox again. I was the one asking about your turtle.