Sunday, November 9, 2008

Catching Up





I believe when I stopped blogging in July, I had completed 14 motifs in my 25-motif challenge that was started sometime in October of last year. The two pair of earrings, the butterfly and the dove for the Christmas-in-July exchange, I am counting as four motifs.

I have also tatted four yellow butterflies from Altin Basak #50 thread, a shamrock from Altin Basak #50 green thread and a needle tatted heart at the Cambridge Tat Days when I was learning to needle tat(I do not have a picture).

On a train ride, I tatted a 'bouquet of flowers' for the lady who was my seatmate -- without a pattern, from yellow Altin Basak #50 thread as that was what was on the shuttle that was with me at the time. This then, I consider to be my first official 'design'. As I did not have my camera with me, I have no record of it.

In learning to needle tat, I have completed a blue butterfly in Altin Basak #50 and a red crochet cotton #10 medallion. In learning needle tatting, I have also made a couple of in-progress projects.

So now, I am considering that I have finished the 25-motif challenge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute motifs and butterflies. Too bad you don't have your patterns you made up. Maybe you'll remember what they were sometime.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you have rejoined the tatting world Margaret. It looks like you are making good progress.